Welcome Week Schedule for all Homewood
Full-time Graduate Students
Welcome Week is an opportunity for new full-time graduate students to become acquainted with the Homewood campus, services and policies, departments and colleagues. Prior to the start of the fall semester, graduate students are expected to attend both departmental and division-wide orientations and welcome week activities.
*Part-time Students at AAP and EP: The welcome week schedule below is pertinent only to full-time graduate students in Arts, Sciences and Engineering. Students in Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) or the Engineering for Professionals (EP) program are part-time students. Information about orientation for part-time graduate programs can be found at Advanced Academic Programs and Engineering for Professionals.
Please be sure to check this page often for important updates and additions!
Below you will find the schedule for this year’s welcome week activities:
Early Orientation Check-In
This year we will be holding early check-in days for orientation. Early check-in will be held in the Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment, located in 28 Shriver Hall (Ground Level), on the following days:
- Monday, August 18, 2014 (10:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.)
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014 (10:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.)
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014 (10:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.)
You can stop in anytime during the days and time mentioned above. Come see us! You will be able to pick-up your fun-filled welcome bag and J-Card on these days.
Orientation (2-day Program)
Please RSVP for orientation
Thursday, August 21, 2014 (8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.)
- 8:00 – 8:30 A.M. – Breakfast and Check-in (Shriver Hall Auditorium)
- 8:30 – 8:50 A.M. – Welcome from the Deans
- 9:00 – 11:30 A.M. – Sessions (will cover topics listed below)
- Academic Integrity
- Graduate Affairs
- Campus Security
- Counseling Center
- Student Employment
- 11:30 – 2:30 P.M. – Agenda changes based on academic discipline. Exact timing and location of each of these three events will be indicated on the specific agenda you receive:
- Lunch (All you can eat!)
- Transitioning from an Undergrad to Grad Student
- Welcome Fair (You will get to meet representatives from many administrative offices, student groups, and area businesses)
- 2:30 – 3:00 P.M. – SWAG Raffle and Closing (Gymnasium)
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 (1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.)
- 1:00 – 1:45 P.M. – Office of Institutional Equity Session (Shriver Hall Auditorium)
- 1:45 – 2:20 P.M. – GRO Meet and Greet (Shriver Hall)
- 2:30 – 3:00 P.M. – Health Services Session (Shriver Hall Auditorium)
- 3:00 – 3:10 P.M. – Office of Sustainability (Shriver Hall Auditorium)
International Graduate Student Orientation Program
This program is hosted by the Office of International Services at Homewood.
Monday, August 25, 2014 (9:00A.M. to 12:00 P.M.) – Charles Commons, Rooms A, B, C
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 (4:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M.) – Shaffer Hall 101
Students may attend either program and do not need attend both.
TA Orientation Program (Mandatory for All NEW First-time TA’s)
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 (8:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.)
This is a mandatory TA orientation for all NEW First-time TA’s. This program is sponsored by the TA Training Institute. Lunch and Breakfast Served.
Thursday, September 18, 2014 (5:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.)
This event is hosted by Baltimore CollegeTown and sponsored by the area colleges and universities.
This reception is for graduate and professional students from Baltimore County and Baltimore City institutions. RSVP instructions will be posted soon.
Have questions? Contact us!
Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment
28 Shriver Hall (Ground Level)