Internal Graduate Applicant: Currently enrolled Johns Hopkins University graduate student who wishes to be admitted as into a second degree program, internally transferring into another program or department and plans on abandoning the current program, or a current Johns Hopkins University PhD student who wishes to have a master’s degree conferred. Please note, except in approved joint programs, the intention to pursue more than one doctorate program (for example: PhD/DMA/EdD/MD, etc.) degree simultaneously must be approved by the Homewood Graduate Board before the end of a student’s first year.
How to Apply as an Internal Graduate Applicant
- You must contact the Department you are interested in to begin the application process as an Internal Graduate Applicant.
- Obtain your unofficial JHU transcripts: Go to http://isis.jhu.edu sign in, enter your JHED ID and password, go to Registration/My Grades and click on View Unofficial Transcript.
- Obtain the email addresses from your recommenders (if applicable).
- Prepare your statement of purpose (if applicable).
- Have your GRE scores sent through ETS using code (if applicable).
- Begin the online application by creating an account- be sure to select the Internal Graduate Applicant option.
- Upload all documents.
- Pay application fee if applicable.
- Select Submit.