Orientation Schedule for all Homewood Full-time Graduate Students
Thursday, Augsust 21, 2014
Orientation is an opportunity for new full-time graduate students to become acquainted with the Homewood campus, services and policies, departments and colleagues. Prior to the start of the fall semester, graduate students are expected to attend both departmental and division-wide orientations. *Part-time Students at AAP and EP: The orientation schedule below is pertinent only to full-time graduate students in Arts, Sciences and Engineering. Students in Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) or the Engineering for Professionals (EP) program are part-time students. Information about orientation for part-time graduate programs can be found at Advanced Academic Programs and Engineering for Professionals.
The RSVP form will be posted shortly please be sure to check this page often!
Early orientation check-in will open August 14, 2014 and will be located:
Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment
Shriver Hall 28
Below is the schedule from last year as reference.
8:00 A.M. – 1:35 P.M.
- 8:00 – 8:30 A.M. – Breakfast and Welcome Bags (Shriver Hall)
- 8:30 – 8:50 A.M. – Welcome from the Deans
- 9:00 – 9:15 A.M. – Session 1: Health Services
- 9:15 – 9:45 A.M. - Session 2: Academic Integrity
- 9:45 – 10:00 A.M. – Session 3: Security and Safety
- 10:00 – 10:15 A.M. – Session 4: Counseling Center
- 10:15 – 10:20 A.M. – Break
- 10:20 – 10:50 A.M. – Session 5: Aetna Health Insurance Representative
- 10:50 – 11:05 A.M. – Session 6: Baltimore Collegetown
- 11:05 - 11:25 A.M. – Session 7: Office of Institutional Equity
- 11:25 – 11:40 A.M. – Session 8: Graduate Student Representative Organization
- 11:45 – 1:35 P.M. – Agenda changes based on academic discipline. Exact timing and location of each of these three events will be indicated on the specific agenda you receive:
- Session 9: Transitioning from Undergrad to Ph.D. Student
- Administrative Offices and Student Group Information Fair
International Graduate Student Program
2:30 – 4:30 P.M. – Hosted by the Office of International Scholar and Student Services, there will be two sessions of this program offered (based on the school that houses the degree program of the student):
Krieger School of Arts and Sciences: Mudd Hall 26
Whiting School of Engineering: Bloomberg Hall 272
Optional Campus Tours
Tour 1: 2:30 P.M. – 3:30 P.M. (Mason Hall lobby)
Tour 2: 3:45 P.M. – 4:45P.M. (Mason Hall lobby)
International Graduate Student Bridge Program
Understanding the Academic Culture at Johns Hopkins*
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
10:00 – 11:00 A.M.
Location: Clipper Room (Shriver Hall, Third Floor)
*attendance strongly encouraged for new international graduate students
TA Orientation Program
Friday, August 30, 2013
8:30 A.M. – 1:30 P.M. – Mandatory TA orientation (sponsored by the TA Training Institute)
Graduate Student Diversity Welcome Gathering
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
6:00 – 7:30 P.M.
Location: Great Hall (Levering Hall, behind the coffee station on the First Floor)
Welcome to Baltimore Reception
Friday, September 27, 2013
4:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Hosted by Baltimore CollegeTown sponsored by the area colleges and universities.
This reception is for graduate and professional students from Baltimore County and Baltimore City institutions. RSVP instructions will be posted shortly.
Welcome Week Contact Information
Office of Graduate Affairs and Admissions
Shriver Hall 28